Thursday, March 12, 2009

Peer Pressure

It's not just for teenagers anymore...

Our babies are getting much bigger, stronger, and more independent. Halley and Rambo are like two little kids ~ always running around together, playing tag, and raising cain wherever they go. Halley is like a big older sister to Rambo. She constantly picks fights and gets him into trouble, just like every older sister should.

This is a typical day in the little "Kindergarden" pasture here at the ranch. Little Halley (far left) decided she wanted to go and see the big horses across the fence, but she's still a little timid. Fortunately, she's got Rambo for company ~ I love how she's pushing him up with her chest, and he's baby-talkin' the whole way!
This kind of reminds me of when my brother introduced me to electric fences... "It's not going to hurt you! Honest! Would I ever get you in trouble? Seriously, it's not hot, see?" (as he quickly touches it with the back of his hand) "Just grab ahold of it, and you won't feel a thing!"

I probably looked like little Rambo when I walked up to the wire: Half scared to death, shaky knees, and probably baby talkin' as well. But, heck, he's my brother ~ he wouldn't do anything to hurt me, right? Apparently, there were some unresolved sibling issues back then...

Did you know that electricity causes your muscles to contract? If you touch the back of your hand to an electric fence (like my evil brother), you'll get zapped, sure. But if you grab it in the palm of your hand (like my evil brothers' idiot sister), you're in trouble. My hand contracted into a fist around the wire and refused to let go, no matter how hard I screamed, or how hard my brother laughed. I swear there were sparks flying off my teeth that day. I had a nervous tic for a week, and have had a slight phobia about electricity ever since then.

I kind of feel sorry for poor little Rambo. Peer Pressure is so hard to fight, and he's obviously struggling with it as well. He and I should probably go to therapy together.

On second thought, maybe I should make a trip up to Tractor Supply. I heard they're having a sale on their fence chargers...

No comments:

Post a Comment