Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My favorite shots

I love shooting silhouettes.


There's something so ethereal and pure about the turning of the day. It is revitalizing, relaxing, and innervating. It is a time for reverie and thought.


Dawn is the time for beginnings, everything fresh and new for the day. Every morning when I feed, the horses line up for a morning show, their bodies black against the turing sky. Oklahoma sunrises are usually a brilliant and vibrant rusty orange; crisp and sharp in the winter, and holding the promise of the day's heat in the summer.


Sunsets are even better. The skys open up with a full palate of color, running the gamut from reds and blues, to oranges and spectacular silver. The evenings are a great time to ride as well. I love getting shots of horses and their riders: working, training, or just hanging out together.





Jean-Paul Sartre once said, "There is only one day left, always starting over: it is given to us at dawn and taken away from us at dusk."

I disagree. I think each day is a gift all the way through.

If you'd like to schedule your own silhouette shot, please contact me via the numbers at my website: www.shooflyphotos.com

The greatest thing? No makeup is necessary!



No comments:

Post a Comment